Discuss Bristan Mixer Shower Keeps Going Cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Bristan mixer shower that keeps going cold, it goes cold for a minute or so and then comes back hot before going cold again. I have replaced the cartridge in the shower and also replaced the shower hose, there was a slight improvement for a week or so but it is now back to what it was like before. I have the same model shower over the bath and there are no problems with that so I assume the problem is with the shower itself. Any advice to help sort this out would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bazza4465

Hot and cold pipes in the right way ?

Always done it or just started ?

This has only started over the last few months and slowly got worse. The shower is a number of years old and worked okay before, nothing done to the pipework so the hot and cold are in the right way round.

All other taps ok ?

I have the same shower over the bath in the same room and there are no problems with that.
How do I get to the non-return valves and filters to check them, do I have to take the cartridge out?

Thanks for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan Mixer Shower Keeps Going Cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock