Discuss Boiler not lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

help

Hi,

Advise needed, I have moved a radiator in my c/heating system the rad that was moved took a while to heat up so removed it and flushed it with garden hose, re fitted filled and bleed, all steamed to be ok, boiler turn on so left to heat up, returned after about 15 mins rad warm boiler off and now it won't come on when i call for C.Heating from room stat, programmer says ch is on.
Any advise would be grateful ( indirect cylinder potterton boiler).

air in system has caused overheat to trip
reset button is probably small and brown
if sealed system youll also neeed to refill

Hi

Any clue to where the overheat trip reset button is, is it inside boiler,
its a vented system.

just keep venting the air it will eventually work unless by coincidence something else has gone is pump running//if not confident call plumber as they will prob vent the pump as well

Well if it is a potterton profile or prima with plastic bottom casing,the over heat button wil be underneth the boiler,to the right hand side,there is a hole in the bottom plastic casing that you can press it through

Last edited by a moderator:
just keep venting the air it will eventually work unless by coincidence something else has gone is pump running//if not confident call plumber as they will prob vent the pump as well

If overheat trip as tripped will it have to be reset first, have vented all rads would it be best to attach hose to drain plug and let it flush.

If overheat trip as tripped will it have to be reset first, have vented all rads would it be best to attach hose to drain plug and let it flush.
probably best just to keep resetting the over heat till it clears keep the system on to keep pump running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler not lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back