Discuss Blue & Orange syphon not shutting off properly....Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RachH863

Hi, I have fitted a new one and this hasnt really helped, Ive fiddled about with it and this hasnt really helped so now im completely stuck! Its a closed coupled toilet with an oval shaped push button flush, it flushes ok now but I cant stop the water from trickly into the pan continually. Any help would be magic!

HI there, its not over flowing, it does it even if there is a small amount of water in the cistern

you say you have just fitted it, what make/model or if unknown some pictures would help ;-)

Hi, I stupidly didnt take any pictures and dont know the name of it... It has a blue pole type thing in the middle that pushed up through a white circle and circled around the blue pole is a yellow cup, it also has a sort of float vale type looking upside down cup thing attached near the bottom and at either side two white poles - this is where you can unclip it and change it without taking the cistern off - best I can do im afraid.

yellow-flush-valve-washers-pair--1297-p.jpg
yellow-flush-valve-washers-pair--1297-p.jpg

if you press down/lift the moving part of the flush valve with a little bit of force can you stop water trickling into the pan manually by holding the flush valve forcibly shut? if so the seal is not sealing as it should. a new one should have sorted the problem. so it might not been attatched properly or damaged?

if all else fails fit a fluidmaster.

A fluidmaster you say? With an oval push button affair? The plumbers merchant said that the above was the only type I could use??

No they always have everything in stock, I was pointing to the one i wanted and he said they wouldnt work.....strange

is it a specific brand of toilet, that you require that specific syphon, how does the flush operate, via cable, rods or air pipes ?
did you replace complete valve or just the part that clips off posts, if so could be seal in cistern failed and needs whole unit replacing

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I use then with the oval hole? Soory its oblong ppl oblong

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't clip off and clip on a new valve unless it's the same one you've got in there. But you can install an entire new valve. This involves taking cistern off pan, removing entire valve and knowing what you're doing. Plenty of "how to" guides on net but most don't include the various things that can go wrong and tricks of the trade. It could go smoothly or it could be a nightmare. Cheapest thing would be to unclip, go back and say it's still happening. He may suggest what the problem is being able to see the item and have you describe the prob in person.

Thanks, you can unclip the syphon but turns out it was the backnut wasnt sitting flush - think the cistern was mis moulded when made but the guy who installed it used a heap of silicone to seal it so this has never showed up until now, I just took that all off and used loads of PTFE and V2 and a new tighter nut and it sorted it! Thanks for help ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blue & Orange syphon not shutting off properly....Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks, Our push button toilet won't flush properly most of the time, if you push the button it makes a half-hearted attempt, but gives up...
Replies
Views
I have a high level cistern and was replacing the toilet pan (waste ceramic completely cracked through) and was hoovering around before connecting...
Replies
Views
Cast_Iron_Cisterns 486
C
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
My WC is a Grohe adagio side entry concealed cistern. This is operated by a push-button air bellows. Recently water continued to spill into the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi ive just bought my first house and whilst cleaning toilet I dropped the plastic top off the toilet duck - into the toilet as I flushed it! I...
Replies
Views
Charlotte
C
Back