Discuss Blocked sinks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AliCPFC

I have a customer that has two blocked sinks. I took apart both traps and cleared any build up in the bends, reattached and it hasn't resolved the problem. I can only assume that the problem lies deeper into the waste. How do i get at it?

Thanks in advance.

Red hot water 10l with 2kg of sugar soap dissolved. Will remove any grease or muck.

200psi karcher.

No no no only kidding

I have had success with a sturdy long handled plunger and hot as can be tap water. And hot is the key...

Put plug in. Fill sink full. Pull plug and do intermittent plunging / draining.

The waste shouldn't have any compression fittings in the line, if it has food, debris will be stuck inside, due to the lips.
Sorry to say u need to open the pipework up, check where it finishes aswell.
Last 1 i did was in a cafe, they closed the kitchen for 2 hours, bottle traps were fitting under sinks which is a big no no. Also compression fittings, also hardly any fall and teed 3 industrial sinks with 1 1/2" pipe. O, blockage was right at the end, a 3 way boss behind toilet, around 15" of toilet paper, food, straws, and god knows what

I use Melt by faren chemicals. It has never let me down. Not many places stock it tho.

For anything to work it actually has to reach the blockage, so bunging chemicals down a drain that's full of water won't work.

Wet vac can be useful followed by caustic soda, boiling salt water, one shot. Take your pick.

U guys prefer using chemicals than actually opening the pipework?! Chems costs money and has no guarantee of working, opening pipework shows where blockage is and get it out

U guys prefer using chemicals than actually opening the pipework?! Chems costs money and has no guarantee of working, opening pipework shows where blockage is and get it out

Depends on the blockage.

If it's on boxed in solv weld I'll try my luck with anything rather than rip it all out!

Most blockages ive found are pushfit pipe, compression joints, long minimal/no fall.
Theres so many out there which dont know how to run waste pipes, such a simple job, really dont need any training, just common sense.

Water needs gravity (fall) to escape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked sinks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had the plumber replace the pipes less than 2 month from the sink that lead into a cast iron pipe. They also unblocked gunk from the start of the...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
S
Our bathroom sink is completely blocked due to my silly teenage son messing about with a condom (to make a water balloon) and it going down the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock