Discuss Blocked sinks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AliCPFC

I have a customer that has two blocked sinks. I took apart both traps and cleared any build up in the bends, reattached and it hasn't resolved the problem. I can only assume that the problem lies deeper into the waste. How do i get at it?

Thanks in advance.

200psi karcher.

No no no only kidding

I have had success with a sturdy long handled plunger and hot as can be tap water. And hot is the key...

Put plug in. Fill sink full. Pull plug and do intermittent plunging / draining.

The waste shouldn't have any compression fittings in the line, if it has food, debris will be stuck inside, due to the lips.
Sorry to say u need to open the pipework up, check where it finishes aswell.
Last 1 i did was in a cafe, they closed the kitchen for 2 hours, bottle traps were fitting under sinks which is a big no no. Also compression fittings, also hardly any fall and teed 3 industrial sinks with 1 1/2" pipe. O, blockage was right at the end, a 3 way boss behind toilet, around 15" of toilet paper, food, straws, and god knows what

For anything to work it actually has to reach the blockage, so bunging chemicals down a drain that's full of water won't work.

Wet vac can be useful followed by caustic soda, boiling salt water, one shot. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked sinks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back