Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bit of a noob question... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete3690

sorry for the silly question guys, my minds gone completely blank lol

Whats the best compound/name of the compound to use on compression fittings?

I use jet blue plus when i do. but most of the time you dont really need a paste on compression.

Nothing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I use jet blue plus when i do. but most of the time you dont really need a paste on compression.

Ahh ok then, Just at college they had suggested a bit of compound/paste around the olive, but I suppose its down to the person fitting it, everyone has different ways I suppose :)

a small amount of "boss white" around the edge of the olive will not hurt, especially on heating systems/controls like rad valves and zone valves (ie where things get very hot). Just make sure its just a little smear, to many times ive had to unblock things due to peoples overuse of jointing compound. Try to avoid using it on any valve that has a filter.

if you are using jointing compound be careful what you use as the likes of boss white is not suitable for potable water

jet blue can be used on everything, so that is my preferred choice, but i keep losing my tub and havent purchased another in a while although not really need it as i only really ever used it when joining onto existing compresion fittings dont use anything on new compression fittings.

Nothing on new fittings, If reassembling old jet blue for water / heating or heldite for oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bit of a noob question... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Big gas noob here. We got a gas cooker installed a few days ago, and the gas cooker is now sitting quite far away from the wall (3cm...
Replies
Views
Hello, just joined with a question: I’ve two self cutting taps that need removing as they’re stopping a relocated dishwasher from getting back...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock