Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Basin Waste Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a custom built basin stand that is tiled and has counter top basin attached. See below.

IMAG0111.jpg

I will be hiding the pipes by building a removable tiled shelf, back, and top to go into the recess you can see in the picture.

I have fitted a shallow bottle trap.

The only problem I have is that the bottom of the bottle trap is around 20mm too low and would prevent me from fitting the top part of the recess (if that makes any sense).

I have been looking at the HepVo trap which seems like it could be the solution. There documentation shows various fitment options. The one below is the fitment option I would need to use:

Ducted Basin.jpg

Although it lists the connectors at the bottom I am still confused as to where I can get hold of the right connectors.

The straight pipe and 90 degree connectors I am fine with obviously It's the connector to the waste outlet I need and then the connector to the HepVo trap.

HepVo do a right angled connector that would fit to the waste outlet and then directly to the trap. However if I used this, I would be ok with it connecting to the waste outlet, but I would then need the other end to connect to a small straight piece of pipe. The other end though is just a male waste outlet thread.

Could I just use a compression nut, flanged washer and washer from a straight connector and screw on to it that way?

You will have to excuse me for the naff explanation. I hope it makes some sort of sense.

Has anyone any advice?

Thanks,

Daz

Last edited:
can you not fit the hepvo valve horizontally with the right angle connector, would it fit?
your probably best to go to your local plumbers merchants with a drawing and measurements of what your planning and ask what fittings they have to make it work for you.

you can get different ends to work with the hep valve

www.draincenter.co.uk/docs/2741_HepvO_PG_WEB.pdf

can you not fit the hepvo valve horizontally with the right angle connector, would it fit?
your probably best to go to your local plumbers merchants with a drawing and measurements of what your planning and ask what fittings they have to make it work for you.

you can get different ends to work with the hep valve

www.draincenter.co.uk/docs/2741_HepvO_PG_WEB.pdf

Thanks for the reply.
I thought about fitting it horizontally but unfortunately it is too long to fit in that orientation so needs to be fitted vertically (but not directly underneath as I don't want it on display).
Yes a trip down the plumbers merchants is what I am planning on Friday.

Thanks again!

Daz

the trap is there for a reason just because it doesnt fit into your plans doesnt make it unnecessaryhaving a length of pipe before the trap can produce the smells the trap is there to prevent shalloow seal traps are not suitable if the waste goes to a soil pipe

the trap is there for a reason just because it doesnt fit into your plans doesnt make it unnecessaryhaving a length of pipe before the trap can produce the smells the trap is there to prevent shalloow seal traps are not suitable if the waste goes to a soil pipe

So why does the Hepvo specification sheet detail that it can be fitted this way then?

Shallow seal to a hopper. Deep seal to a soil stack.

I am not sure what relevance this comment is to my issue?!

The HepVo is a trap.
I'll go to my plumbers merchants for the fittings this afternoon.
I have obviously just confused people with my description of the issue.

Thanks,

Daz

you can do it as you describe with the hepvo dropping behind your shelves, you need a 32 mm flexible waste connection, it screws onto waste and has a spigot on opposite end which will go in the hepvo compression.

best option though would be the 90deg connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin Waste Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi All, I'm plumbing in a washing machine into our new house and rather than a normal waste pipe this house just has a hole in the ground. It...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock