Discuss Banging noise from megaflow system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
First time post, looking for some advice please. My hot water system has started making a clunk clunk noise it's quite frequent and "clunk's twice ". It seems to be coming from where the red valve ( in pic ) . I think it's a release valve ( not sure) . Also the guage seems quite high not sure how to lower the pressure so black needle matches the red one .
I
20200413_094210.jpg
20200413_094234.jpg
20200413_094729.jpg
have attached some photos and any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Looks like the installer has used bottom right gate valve as an easy drain point through discharge, can't see combined temperature and pressure relief valve discharge though

Reply to Banging noise from megaflow system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My heat only gas boiler is drained from the boiler drain valve - There is no water in the F&E tank. The hot water vented cylinder is removed. So...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hope you guys can help, I have a conk/clunk noise coming out the cylinder, when I draw hot water from any tap in the house - I’ve checked...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Back