Discuss Back-to-the-wall toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

big mal

Hi everybody!
I have a close-coupled back-to-the-wall 'Mono' brand toilet upstairs.
There's a leak in the cistern feed, which, like all the pipework is concealed behind the pan.
Question 1: When all has been emptied, and the pan unscrewed from the floor, what's the usual strategy for getting the toilet pan and attached cistern away from the wall? Should I tip the toilet forward into the room and then walk it back a bit .... or should I lift it up six inches or a foot and then move it back?

The pan empties into the waste pipe at floor level a foot or so in front of the wall. (Can see through small hole I've made in the ceiling.)
I guess that there's a plastic/rubber pan connector.

Question 2: Once I've fixed the leak...probably just tightened things up .... am I likely to need a new pan connector, or will the old one slot back OK? The toilet was installed about four and a half years ago.

Any tips generally?

Many thanks ....

Big Mal.

a pan connector can be used a bit before it needs replacing.
i prefer to shuffle the toilet than to lift it.. starting to worry about my back!!

you say leak from cold cistern cold feed,do you mean flush pipe connecting cistern to pan
You say you have made a hole in ceiling to inspect,if you made a bit bigger to get arm through,could you reach leak and remake joint,maybe easier to make small repair to ceiling as hole in it anyway, than pull w/c out as putting pan back in can be a problem if pipework not fixed correctly and inexperianced

Many thanks Shaun and Puddle.
Re- the leak, Puddle, it's where the mains supply joins the bottom of the cistern -- and about 3 feet above the downstairs ceiling , and with another pipe in between --- I wouldn't be able to reach even with a bigger hole in the ceiling! It's not a cistern leak. I checked with dye in the cistern.

Regards from Big Mal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back-to-the-wall toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back