Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on toilet backing up please! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

N

NikkiB

Hi I've had a new bathroom plumbed and an en suite in the room next door. All new plumbing to the outside sewer along one wall, plumber had free reign on making it work as there were a couple of obstacles - a chimney breast in the bathroom that the toilets are in front of and an RSJ over a doorway downstairs close to where the pipe falls down, but he saw the plans prior to the building work, discussed it with the builder and ensured me it was completely feasible.

Fast forward a few months and the bathroom toilet keeps backing up into the en suite pan. He's been back about 4 times now to 'fix' the problem... first time toilet started leaking waste all over the floor after he left, came back to 'fix'... still backed up... he put one way valves in... they blocked up immediately (we only use standard paper, nothing went down there that shouldn't have!)... he took the valves out and said there were too many 90 degree turns so he replaced with 45 degree angles to go around the chimney breast.... still backed up and toilet started leaking waste again over the floor... then he admitted the waste was flowing downhill towards the en suite (!)...supposedly fixed it by lowering the pipe the other end but no... it is STILL backing up!! There is about 0.5m between the bathroom toilet and en suite through the stud wall, so if there is 12.5mm min fall between them at 1 in 40 should that be enough to prevent backing up? Anyone had this problem before / any ideas on how to remedy?

(Also want to point out he left the top off the cistern when installing the downstairs toilet and that then started spraying water out all inside the cupboard and had damaged the unit before we noticed... the kitchen sink started leaking where he had plumbed the taps, installed a completely new heating system but put 2 rads in the wrong place despite having plans and discussing it in person then my son's new radiator didn't work at all, 2 of the rads sprung leaks... so i don't hold out much faith in his workmanship i'm afraid!)

Reply to Advice on toilet backing up please! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock