Search the forum,

Discuss Back Flow Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmeh

Evening all!
Went to look at a job today, customer has fitted a kitchen sink which backs onto a wall that has a shower on the other side. Its a low level tray and the waste has a poor fall (very minimal) and is very very difficult to get to. When the sink is full and empties it backflows through the shower waste into the tray. But if the flow is just straight from the tap down the sink this does not occur. How can i overcome this with minimal work to the waste pipe, I know it might sound daft, but restricting the flow from the sink waste may work right? Or would a crazy idea like putting a HepVo trap into the waste before the sink waste enters the waste pipe and after the shower prevent a backflow?

I only say this as the waste pipe is sooooooooooooo hard to get to, its a real nightmare and I could JUST get something as big as a HEPvo into it as there is bugger all room for me to even get me hands in!

havent seen that before gas man, same principal I suppose? Self sealing system inside?

yes,it has a flap that opens when water flows trough it should solve your problem if you can fit it to the shower waste

Obviously it's badly installed and likely not to regs of any sort .. my advice .. do it properly or leave it alone .. once you touch it it's Yours!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back Flow Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock