Discuss Automatic Bypass Valve .. CLARIFICATION in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netaheat bypass advice required:

I have a Netaheat Electronic 16/22 boiler with a manual gate valve bypass for the pump over-run between the flow and return after the pump but before either zone valves. The boiler will hopefully be changed for a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri High Efficiency Boiler towards the end of this summer.

In the meantime I want to fit a Honeywell automatic bypass valve to replace the manual one, but am confused which one to use, DU144 or DU145. There are presuure and capacity differences between the 2 as well as one being angled and one straight. Could someone please advise as to which will be suitable for both boilers so as to minimise the work during the boiler change.

Thank You.

Hello shahmk,
I would wait, why go to the bother of draining and filling the system twice.
fitting the bypass when doing the boiler will not be a big job.

Why would you need a room stat when you could replace it with a trv,s?. For example in my house I have trv's in all my rooms and I operate the heating from my programmer. I also have an automatic bypass before the motorized valves, so when all trv's are satisfied the pressure rises then automatic bypass kicks in and protects the circulator (pump). Also the other reason why the automatic bypass is a good practice is incase the motorize valves close shut from ware and tear and the boiler is still on the flow will buildup and automatic bypass comes into action.

i am nearly finished my 1st year plumbing apprenticeship so be nice.

have a long think about your question, why would you need a room stat when you could replace it with a trv?, it shows lack of knowledge and attention during lectures.

Why would you need a room stat when you could replace it with a trv,s?. For example in my house I have trv's in all my rooms and I operate the heating from my programmer. I also have an automatic bypass before the motorized valves, so when all trv's are satisfied the pressure rises then automatic bypass kicks in and protects the circulator (pump). Also the other reason why the automatic bypass is a good practice is incase the motorize valves close shut from ware and tear and the boiler is still on the flow will buildup and automatic bypass comes into action.

i am nearly finished my 1st year plumbing apprenticeship so be nice.

for exactly the reason you say , there would be nothing apart from the programmer to turn the pump off . The room stat will turn the pump off every time it is satisfied

Using a radiator as a bypass is a good way to keep the coldest room in the house warmest with out turning off until the boiler has switch off. But using this method correctly the flow and return to this bypass rad needs to be before the motorised valves? Reason the pump will always be protected from over heating. If you had the bypass rad after the motorised valves could this be bad practise as the motorised valves could become faulty and shut off completely while the boiler is still running. the bypass radiator becomes non affected and the flow wouldn't have any where to go. But haven an automatic bypass valve fitted before the motorised valves would cover all angles and protection to pump and circulation.
I am neatly finished my first year as a plumber so be nice.

my boss never installs room thermostats and says trv's in all rooms. I also said to him trv's and room thermostats should never be in the same room as they would conflict with one another. Would the advantage of a room thermostat would be for larger area rooms that needs more heat continuously without a trv? I'm a wee bit unclear can some one explain. Thanks

Toddy plumb. Thanks I'm only learning. With a room thermostat you can turn it down and this will call the boiler to shut off but with trv's all round you would need to manually turn the boiler off? What if you had trv's set on a timer from your programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Automatic Bypass Valve .. CLARIFICATION in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock