Discuss Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas

Its about the size of a small washing machine

small3.jpg

100 gallons

small7.jpg

small13.jpg

small12.jpg

small6.jpg

Re: Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas

sorry m8 my mistake it is a cwsc the first picture I saw looked quite small you probably might have 2 wait till the hatch is cut bigger pal to get that out

ur brave pal up there with nowt on ur feet lol

Ouch! - Yes I shot up there with the camera and tried to get the pics done :15: Splinters... !

I repeat my answer to you as you posted this over on the Contractor Forum.

You need to get an asbestos removal company to do this. They will seal off the area and ensure that no particles become airborne which you or your family could inhale. They will also properly dispose of the asbestos in a special asbestos disposal centre.

Don't take risks with this just to save a few quid mate.

image.jpg

This pic will appear in health and safety meetings for years to come!

Lol! The things one can do in their own home eh...

(lucky I even had clothes on)

Loads of asbestos storage tanks round my way - perfectly safe unless drilled or broken up so interested to hear if this isn't right ?

good health & safety with a strait back and bent knees :smiley2:

Haha I wasnt lifting it! (though it looks that way...) I was trying to use my hands to show the height (and balancing while the camera did its timed shot)

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Its got these markings on the side. Cant really understand them ?
===================================================================================================
System3 I meant to also say within this post that yes I agree - I will be taking advice from an asbestos removal company and from
the Loft conversion company BEFORE anything gets touched.

Also (in case there is any confusion) I posted a similar thread on Contactors forum because they have a section solely to do with loft conversions and extentions etc.
Plus trying to help Dan out (forum owner) by adding content relevent threads for him.
As the actual loft conversion project gets going I was going to post more content relevent questions over on contractors forum in that section.
My thinking is that Plumbers would get a bit bored with general loft conversion posts so I havent carried them over to the plumbers forum.
But this particular thread (about the aleged asbestos tank) to me seems very plumbing related so I thought it was very wise to post it up here.
And I have to say the comments are fast and helpful. Sorry if it seems like double posting. Hope you understand the reasons why I did it that way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m having a loft conversion done in the Uk. My builder has made the connection for the hot water to the loft but since he has done this my...
Replies
Views
Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents...
Replies
Views
Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock