Discuss Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas

I've got 2 tanks to remove from an airing cupboard tomorrow. I'll disconnect and place them out side but I've already advised the customer to arrange an 'asbestos disposal expert'!

Re: Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas

Like most people I leave them in the loft, I had to remove an asbestos garage I spoke to my local rubbish collector a bloke who does it professionaly and he dismantled it and took it to the local dump that took the damn stuff, I even got a copy of the certificate of disposal!

All for £500, I was over the moon, not a respirator in site though when they dismantled it.

Here we go queue loads of replies about different types and risks of asbestos and that it was in artex back in the day.....

Something I was wondering is could there be a test to see if it IS asbestos... How would I even know? Or is the photo obvious. (that it is)

Agree it seems once you mention the word suddenly a lot of people get jumpy or talk ££££££££

I dont want to underestimate the risks or the task (Want to do the right thing) Just making sure I am asking all the right questions.

Maybe I need to buy this kit for £39.99 (Testiing kit)

Last edited by a moderator:

it does not LOOK like asbestos tank !!! pls post another picture

to tgest it you need to break bits off!!! to certify which type of asbestos it needs to be exmined microscopicaly to id the fibre type, a kit cant do that. Hence why disposal companies owners run around in aston martins. When I had a school boiler house stripped of blue asbestos lagging it took a week and £12k to pay for the work!!

Maybe a stupid question, but
Is the trap door opening not big enough? (perhaps with the timber around it removed to bring back to full size?)
That old tank looks about 2' x 2' maybe at it's end.

If its going to be a loft conversion, one of the first things you will do is make the stairway entrance, take it out then.

if that's a f+e tank for the central heating what are the 2 taps for its 2 small to be a cwsc

if that's a f+e tank for the central heating what are the 2 taps for its 2 small to be a cwsc
look at the second picture, that stack of chairs is quite high imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asbestos water tank in loft how do i remove it before loft conversion - any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m having a loft conversion done in the Uk. My builder has made the connection for the hot water to the loft but since he has done this my...
Replies
Views
Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents...
Replies
Views
Current setup: Cold water tank, and header tank in loft. Hot water tank in airing cupboard at top of stairs. Power shower (mira event xs) in main...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock