Discuss anyone gone bust in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buff

as the title says
are you changing trades,had enough of plumbing due to reccession
bob

good lad keep going
just speaking to someone at the aphc they reckon on average three a month leaving the trade,thou 12 a month joining down to the "fast course" people all being told the 6129 is all you need to earn a fortune
bob

One things for sure with all these plumbers loosing their jobs and going bust or 6129'ers going back to their previous jobs, when things do go back to normal there will be plenty of work to go round.

I'm takling work for December now and I'm very grateful.

I may have become obsessive about looking out for them but I'm sure there simply have never been more plumbing vans driving round. You cannot drive in any direction for more than a minute without seeing one. And most are brand new to me. Maybe they're all doomed to go bust but to a casual observer it would seem the trade is fired up.

I know what you mean and those are the ones with sign writting, its the same here but from what I've seen their work isn't up to much.

Yes I have to agree I have just got home today from a holiday on the south coast

I live in Yorkshire 650 mile round trip and yes plumbing and heating vans every where

but I normally travel for my work anyway and see the same all over the place

survival of the fittest as they say

Surely this recession is over now, nowhere near as bad as 2 years ago.?
DFD67465-8F71-B9AF-A211-C6B205045DB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone gone bust in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Was working as a Plumbers Mate for about 6 months and got my Level 2 qualification. Enjoyed the job and wanted to make a career of it. Got into...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock