Currently reading:
anyone gone bust

Discuss anyone gone bust in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buff

as the title says
are you changing trades,had enough of plumbing due to reccession
bob

good lad keep going
just speaking to someone at the aphc they reckon on average three a month leaving the trade,thou 12 a month joining down to the "fast course" people all being told the 6129 is all you need to earn a fortune
bob

One things for sure with all these plumbers loosing their jobs and going bust or 6129'ers going back to their previous jobs, when things do go back to normal there will be plenty of work to go round.

I'm takling work for December now and I'm very grateful.

I may have become obsessive about looking out for them but I'm sure there simply have never been more plumbing vans driving round. You cannot drive in any direction for more than a minute without seeing one. And most are brand new to me. Maybe they're all doomed to go bust but to a casual observer it would seem the trade is fired up.

I know what you mean and those are the ones with sign writting, its the same here but from what I've seen their work isn't up to much.

Yes I have to agree I have just got home today from a holiday on the south coast

I live in Yorkshire 650 mile round trip and yes plumbing and heating vans every where

but I normally travel for my work anyway and see the same all over the place

survival of the fittest as they say

Surely this recession is over now, nowhere near as bad as 2 years ago.?
DFD67465-8F71-B9AF-A211-C6B205045DB6

Hi guys I am currently studying 6129 and just like to say for the record that I am one of the few people who actually understands what it takes to be a plumber and that a piece of paper with qualifications is nothing compared to the knowledge that a tine served plumber has! I am studying so hard and on here everyday to read up on possible future fault finding techniques and problem solving! Is there anything anyone could help with as regards to getting a work placement to complete my nvq? I am not looking for a quick-fix option to pass my course and then think I will be able to go out and earn money! It doesn't work like that and anyone who does is a lil naive ! I am looking for a high standard proffesional plumber to work under to learn properly and not turn out a cowboy like all these fast track plumbers! Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
From Manchester area and willing to travel have my own transport !

I wish you luck - it's not easy. Wouldn't recommend Connaught by the way. Sorry I've nothing more positive to say - perhaps it would have been best not to post at all?

truemanufan,where in manchester are you,may be able to help you out,depends a few things,ie money,availability,your background

truemanufan,where in manchester are you,may be able to help you out,depends a few things,ie money,availability,your background

Hi mate I am from Stockport area and have own transport! Very willing to travel ? What about background u wanna know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone gone bust in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back