Discuss air in hot water taps and keeps air locking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heatm8

hi can any one know how to stop a open vented hot water cylinder from air locking.The owner has to run the bath tap each morning to get the water in hot running full after few blasts of air i repiped 1" copper cold feed with good fall to cylinder didnt work i put a 180 bend on vent pipe and connected to under side of hot draw of thinkin the vent was sucking air in when tap is open that didnt work they have an gravity oil cooker connected to cylinderin coil and they say it air locks worse when cylinder is hot has any 1 any thoughts on this what to do next .....after bath is run it releases and bes ok but by next morning problem starts again

no it affects them all but once bath tap clears rest of other taps work im baffled

can it be as the oil fired cooker heats the cylinder it affects the flow the cylinder this problem only seems to happen more when cylinder gets really hot

Have you got any pictures of the vent set up from the cylinder etc. This 180 bend you've put on concerns me.

hi thanks for the reply i havent pictures but its as we plumbers here call a horse shoe its instead of vent coming off the top of the hot pipe its just horse shoed to the under side of hot outlet pipe it does work has done before and its still an open vent but problem in this case is still happinin just runnin out off ways to solve problem thats the cold feed checked and vent changed all ideas would be great thanks

The open vent should rise continually from the top of the hot water cylinder. Any other configuration can compromise the safety of the installation and lead to airlocking.

thanks mike for reply the vent does rise b4 it was straight of top of cylinder at a tee i just put a horse shoe to under side of pipe coming across but with vent to normal postion it still had the problem i just changed it to this cause iv had this problem b4 and solved it but its not the vent or cold feed is the problem i just cant put my finger on wat is thats the two basic things checked and changed .....can it be water really hot cause it only happens when temp over night in cylinder rises thats why it airlockin i know it may sound daft but this is my only solution hmmm

i can tomorrow thanks for reply i might try a surry flange it drops about 6" into top of cylinder im thinkin there air gathring cause cylinder is gettin hot over night from gravity oil cooker cause this only happens in morning and customers only say it happens when water is hot ...any thoughts on this idea cause its my last lol thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to air in hot water taps and keeps air locking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock