Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice needed to remove a cover on a Bristan tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun 72

I have a problem with a hot water tap which is a Bristan Victoriana. I've been informed by Bristan 'Support Hotline' that I need to renew the tap's valve. I've managed to remove the handle but have no idea how to remove the cover to gain access to the valve. Bristan are not very helpful with their advice and their data heeet is very basic in detail. Any help will be grealy appreciated.

If you mean the shroud which is a bell shaped type cover over the valve then this simple unscrews on a standard thread

You may need to use rubber grips to protect the chrome or pliers and a towel

Thanks Tom, it is the shroud which I mean. I will give this a go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed to remove a cover on a Bristan tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock