Search the forum,

Discuss 90mm water mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The job im on at the minute has had a 90mm water mains run into the building which I need to
put a stop tap and double check valve on for water board to inspect and then connect up.

Its massively oversized for what its serving, 32mm would have been plenty.

The biggest mdpe ive ever worked on was 63mm, can 90mm be dealt with the same, i.e I know philmac do a 90mm to 3" female iron adapter and plasson do the same but also do a 90mm to 2" FI adapter.

I only need to come off this in 28mm so could I use the above plasson fitting and then a 2" to 1" bush and an inch male iron then 28mm to a stopcock?

Or is 90mm normally done with fusion weld flanges etc

Wow thats big cloot..... do they want a drain off aswell lol,,,
Never worked on that size of pipe b4,

Wow thats big cloot..... do they want a drain off aswell lol,,,
Never worked on that size of pipe b4,

Me neither, i went to ask when they were bringing the water main in so i could valve it off etc. Site manager said its in, i said no its not theres just a duct there... turns out what i thought was a duct was the water mains, which has been concreted in the slab, no duct lol.

I assumed u could use a mech philmac/plasson FI adapter type fitting on it then mapress off that but I suppose I wanted to know if commercial boys would see this as a bit of a bodge rather than using fusion weld flanges and coming off of that, if thats the proper way to do it then I would get someone else in to do it.

Last edited:
you made a water fountain/feature yet :D

you made a water fountain/feature yet :D

Waiting for the water board to do an inspection first. Picked up that plasson fi adapter from drain centre in luton, very nicely engineered those larger plasson fittings, better than the domestic sized ones.

Waiting for the water board to do an inspection first. Picked up that plasson fi adapter from drain centre in luton, very nicely engineered those larger plasson fittings, better than the domestic sized ones.

any pics ? (of the install)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 90mm water mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
I have two toilet water valves to install. I'm new to this but have watched enough videos to think I can do it. Both water valves are standard turn off sweat valves that have been soldered on. One has at least two inches of exposed copper pipe extending beyond the wall flange and the other has...
Replies
Views
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in kitchen which is next to boiler and cold main in, it came on after a few seconds longer than norm I thought just a blip, but this weekend and since...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a newer stopcock just above) as it had been leaking from several places, mainly at the bottom where it joined the 3/4" threaded female end on rising main...
Replies
Views
I am assuming this is a USA forum, so I will ask- I have a water main feed tube/ pipe, black in color, feels exactly like HDPE, is 1 3/8" ID (1.375) and 1.900" OD., same as 1 1/2" iron pipe. It was installed in 1971/72 in Los Angeles County. I need to adapt to it to install a new water meter/...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock