• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss What is this pipe/ tube? in the USA Plumbing Advice Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am assuming this is a USA forum, so I will ask- I have a water main feed tube/ pipe, black in color, feels exactly like HDPE, is 1 3/8" ID (1.375) and 1.900" OD., same as 1 1/2" iron pipe. It was installed in 1971/72 in Los Angeles County. I need to adapt to it to install a new water meter/ backflow valve, 1 1/2" in size. I do not want to dig up 500 feet of driveway to replace it. I could not find any reference to it as far as what it is. The closest I can get to a fitting is 2 different parts in the Ford catalogue. Any ideas what this is? Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

WC1

Gas Engineer
It's a frequent problem on here, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it's a us site. Most of us are uk. But post up a picture or 2 and you may get a bite. Good luck.

Timmy D

Gas Engineer
Subscriber
It's a frequent problem on here, you'd be forgiven for thinking that it's a us site. Most of us are uk. But post up a picture or 2 and you may get a bite. Good luck.
And I’ve just noticed we’ve got a USA advice forum.

Post up some pics, let’s have a look.

Reply to What is this pipe/ tube? in the USA Plumbing Advice Forum area at PlumbersForums.net