Search the forum,

Discuss installing toilet water valve, hoping for advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have two toilet water valves to install. I'm new to this but have watched enough videos to think I can do it. Both water valves are standard turn off sweat valves that have been soldered on. One has at least two inches of exposed copper pipe extending beyond the wall flange and the other has at least three inches, both are so covered with excess solder that I had to scrub the pipes to confirm they were copper. I plan to cut off the main water, drain the line at the sink, use a little 1/2" pipe tuber cutter, then use a deburring tool to deburr and prep the pipe and install a push to connect angle stop valve. Sound like a plan? Do I need to use teflon tape on the threads to the supply line? Any road bumps you can see in my plan?

Tbh I would unsweat the existing sweat on valves and then clean with sanding cloth and no but I would recommend changing the supply flexis as well

Tbh I would unsweat the existing sweat on valves and then clean with sanding cloth and no but I would recommend changing the supply flexis as well
I don't have any experience soldering and don't have a flame torch. Just want to cut the pipe, debur and put on the simplest water valve. I think you are saying replace the supply line from the new water valve to the toilet, and that is part of the plan.

Well thank you both for your opinions. It seems I have two votes against my plan and for me to change my plan to involve buying a flame torch and un-soldering the valves. You have both given me some things to think about. I did see one YouTube video in which someone did just cut the pipe and I think he then put on a compression valve. Since I have inches of bare pipe to work with, I don't see why I can't cut it and apply the valve of my choice.

If you have enough you should be fine but you need to make sure the pushfit valve is fully seated depth wise

Reply to installing toilet water valve, hoping for advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock