Discuss 40mm waste to cast iron soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbingdazman

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to tee into a cast iron soil stack with a new 32/40mm waste from a cloakroom sink. the stack is internal and i dont want to cut into it incase its brittle and shatters.

And i also dont want to have to run a new pvc soil pipe through the roof space.

Any ideas suggestions i would really be thankful. Cheers

hi plumbingdazman you can drill into the cast iron stack with a good quality hole cutter like a starrett and affix a strap on boss both available at good plumbers merchants make sure you obtain the right size hole cutter set your drill to slow speed and drill upwards at a very slight angle to prevent the cut out piece from dropping into the stack causing an obstruction take your time and it will be fine ..... one last thing before you start check the stack is not LCC as it is slightly different size best of luck
just remember if in doubt give plumbers forum a shoutregards Turnpin........:)

LCC, what does that stand for?:confused:
i think it was a manufacturers , because some cast iron stacks may be smaller than the average 4" , possibly 3" internally

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 40mm waste to cast iron soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock