Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 3 year old Camray 18/25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPH

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Bit of a state

b909622a421963ced8474def5bd4a641.jpg

beca53363f15fb62219fa55829f71abf.jpg

9c52a1a5371cf5007a84485ac1c5211e.jpg

Appears to be because the gasket had gone here, melted the condensate adaptor then turned the leaking condensate into steam and prematurely rusting the internal parts of the boiler.

The secondary heat exchanger was spotless and got called there as it wasn't lighting, the arse end of the nozzle was black. Took 3 hours to clean and took a grinder to the baffles and going back in the morning.

f652fa44876cdffd75495afeea3d20d6.jpg

I womnder if its got a 5yr Worcester guarantee.
They have sjnnce redesigned their boilers for greater efficiency mmmmmmm!!

Have had to condem one , only a year old, just couldnt remove baffles they were absoloutly solid, and was so badly blocked the burner kept cycling.

To be fair though the boiler had had a lot of water down through the flue which hadn't helped but it is I fear a sign of things to come, especially on the less frequently serviced boilers.

This ones been serviced annually by someone I know that's a decent engineer.

The seal on the top of the combustion chamber had been pinched (it is an awkward one) and as a result melted he condense connector.

Given the design I'm apprised I haven't seen it more often.

Still needed the cordless grinder on the baffles tough!

I agree, terrible designed boilers, bicarb of soda and hot water sprayed in and left makes the baffles slightly easier to remove, that blow lamp and a 4lb hammer!
So many custards wish they stayed with their standard eff boilers I've found lol

Any idea where I can get the condensate connector on the right from? They keep sending the left one that won't allow the casing on.

9b5aa4b5d394c2a84154b472a0ab3047.jpg

Looks like the tail and the fitting have been cut down

No that's the one from installation, any bigger and the case doesn't fit.

Do you think when they designed it. One engineer said to another, plumbers will thsnkjs you for putting the pump on the side

Can't modify it the part that goes into the swivel is resined in, if you look closely there's a small dark line around it, its not going anywhere and there's no room for cutting to down.

Have you shown the pic to WB? Their help line is open til 8 and they accept images.

Left it in the hands of my parts place, ordered loads of different bits and the same one keeps turning up. Doing my head in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 year old Camray 18/25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Firstly I don't install boilers, I'm not a plumber, I commission, service and repair, hopefully anyway. Was called out to a Firebird Enviromax...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I've just joined this forum as I'm desperately in need of some help. My elderly parents (81 and 77) have a Baxi Solo 3 pf60 and it...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi all - looking for some quick advice and all opinions welcomed! Question: Is it really possible for a 3 year old new build flat Ideal Combi 35...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock