Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 3 flats in converted house sharing supply.2 flats have water,I don't.Suspect airlock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello.

I live in a converted flat. I'm on the ground floor, and there is a basement and top floor.

The water supply comes in to the basement, then the pipe travels up to the ground floor where there are 2 stopcocks. 1 for the ground floor flat (mine). 1 for the top floor flat.

I turned my stopcock off this weekend to replace my washing machine taps (picture attached).

When I turned the stopcock back on, I had no water. However The top floor still receives water.

This has happened in the past. The solution has always been:

- Turn off the ground floor and top floor stopcock
- Turn off the stopcock in the basement
- Open the taps in my flat
- Turn on the ground floor stopcock
- Turn on the basement stopcock
- I get water

However this is no longer working.

I suspect this is due to an air lock in my pipes.

My hot water comes from a direct combination unit (see attached).

There isn't enough pressure from the hot water tap to try and force the hot water back through the cold water pipes to release the air lock.

Is it time to call a plumber?

Thanks

plumbing - Album on Imgur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 flats in converted house sharing supply.2 flats have water,I don't.Suspect airlock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock