Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Zone system ?? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bgec

Hi all
I would like to split my heating system in half to have 2 room stats one on one side of the house and one on the other
I have a gravity system 1 zone valve please help me where to start thanks

Hi all
I would like to split my heating system in half to have 2 room stats one on one side of the house and one on the other
I have a gravity system 1 zone valve please help me where to start thanks
yes ring an engineer:):):)

yeah can be done your going to need a new flow pipe from the plan back to the new circuit

What was the point in that ?
made me chuckle
no really there seems to be an ever increasing no of people posting how to do something that thay havnt got a clue about
look through some of the recent posts thay are compete and utter rubbish

yeah can be done your going to need a new flow pipe from the plan back to the new circuit
Thanks for the sensible reply. so if im right what your saying is create a new flow to the new ciruit split the existing flow into 2 and fit a zone valve on the 2 flows ?
then i can have 2 stats ?

What are the potential problems will i need to keep the programer set to constant ?

Thanks again

made me chuckle
no really there seems to be an ever increasing no of people posting how to do something that thay havnt got a clue about

Yes i get your point maybe i didnt come across very well short and sweet maybe

But i have more of a clue than some i am a fully qualified Electrican and this will not be the first central heating system i have installed

just wanted some pointers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, what you should do is look at the honeywell website which will give you loads of info.

If you have a programmable room stat the heating on the time should be on 24/7 the room stat does the job.

If you have 2 room stats you can also/will need to buy another gizmo to stop the boiler cycling on and off continuously. The gizmo (forgotten what its called) will only allow the boiler to cycle so many times in an hour (6 I think not too sure)

There are so many on the market its difficult for anyone on the forum to answer all your questions. The options are huge with new products being developed continually.

HR80UK for eg. is battery powered radiator controller .

HC60ng relay module is wired to the boiler or heating valve in Y or S plan. HC60NG will switch on when it gets a demand from HR80UK.

Why wouldn't you just fit TRV's probably the cheapest option.

So, although "get a heating engineer" may seem a bit harsh, its probably the wisest thing to do due to many variables...... even space in the airing cupboard may be an issue.......:eek:

made me chuckle

Isn't that the point of a forum ????? we are not born full of knowledge we learn from others so why try to put people off the forum.:confused:

In reply to the original post why not just fit rad stats would be so much easier and more controllable to each room ;)

Isn't that the point of a forum ????? we are not born full of knowledge we learn from others so why try to put people off the forum.:confused:

In reply to the original post why not just fit rad stats would be so much easier and more controllable to each room ;)

Here here to your first point. As for stat valves there is a ladie in the house so they will be turned up all the time im not starving but i have no money tree in the garden

Yes, what you should do is look at the honeywell website which will give you loads of info.

If you have a programmable room stat the heating on the time should be on 24/7 the room stat does the job.

If you have 2 room stats you can also/will need to buy another gizmo to stop the boiler cycling on and off continuously. The gizmo (forgotten what its called) will only allow the boiler to cycle so many times in an hour (6 I think not too sure)

There are so many on the market its difficult for anyone on the forum to answer all your questions. The options are huge with new products being developed continually.

HR80UK for eg. is battery powered radiator controller .

HC60ng relay module is wired to the boiler or heating valve in Y or S plan. HC60NG will switch on when it gets a demand from HR80UK.

Why wouldn't you just fit TRV's probably the cheapest option.

So, although "get a heating engineer" may seem a bit harsh, its probably the wisest thing to do due to many variables...... even space in the airing cupboard may be an issue.......:eek:

Thanks for all your help that makes things clear

Last edited by a moderator:
Best practice is boiler interlock, TRV's and a programable room stat if you want to comply to up to date literature.

To answer question, x3 zone valves, two to heating, one to hotwater still only one return needed for heating though. Exactly like a normal S plan but with an additional valve. And if your an electrician the wiring will be a peice of cake.

You could upgrade the system to CM Zone (Google it) - no need for pipework changes, but programmable time/temperature in each zone using wireless signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 Zone system ?? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock