Search the forum,

Discuss 15/22mm cold feed to boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I'm in a house with the cold feed coming up in the kitchen. In 25mm mdpe. The boiler is in the garage adjacent. I plan on running the cold from the sink in the kitchen under the kitchen units to the garage to feed to boiler. And the 15mm coming back from the boiler to the sink. Would there be an advantage of taking the cold in 22mm to the garage to where is splits to feed the boiler/ the rest of the house?

The kitchen sink and washing machine getting feed before the pipe goes to the boiler but that would be all. Then a bathroom to feed, 2 ensuites and a cloak room.

If you have a 25mm main you're laughing really. Run 22mm from the stopcock, then tee off in 15 from the 22 to the sink, another to the shower/bath, another to the toilets/basin and then 15mm to the boiler. It will be massively overkill but it will help prevent reduction in flow when showering and something else consumes water too

25mm main I need to tee of to the sink yes. Then it's one pipe under the kitchen plyth that goes to feed the boiler in the garages and then after teeing off to the boiler feeds the rest of the house.

Reply to 15/22mm cold feed to boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire, pushing the blockage to the manifold I think now totally blocked. Return pipe is clear. Exposing manifold is major as it’s between floors and involves...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock