Discuss Working for kitchen fitters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anybody work for kitchen fitter for the gas bits?

I am trying to pick up more work and am going to meet a couple tomorrow.
Just trying to work out a bit of a price list to give them.

Disconnections
cut, cap, test, visual of other appliances £60

Connect new hob
new isolation valve and a bit of pipework £85

Connect new cooker
new cooker hose and bayonet £85

The biggest problem that I found, so quickly dropped that type of work, is that they expect you to be their at a moments notice. Or they accuse you of holding up the job. It is also a pain working around other guys doing their thing. Then there is parking. Typically you will find all available parking taken, so you end up carrying kit a distance.
Finally, builders seem to think that your bill should only be due when THEY get paid. Absolutely do not go down that route.
I am not saying don’t go for the work, just make sure you have discussed and agreed all the nonsense. THEN you can work out what you need to charge- and your list is way too low, IMO.
Good luck

Reply to Working for kitchen fitters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink...
Replies
Views
As part of a rebuild (added 1st floor to bungalow and extended back) we have removed every piece of plumbing and electrics, during COVID In...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock