Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester greenstar 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Usual visit to my boilers not working. I am not sure where to start. Anyway I have power to the boiler from the fused switch. Blown fuse. Replaced. Turn power back on pop goes the fuse. Can't test past the fuse as it blows instantly. Is this the transformer or a board issue? Thanks in advance. It was too late to ring technical.

Take the transformer off and check the back for damage.
Does the blue light come on?
How long does it take for the fuse to blow?
Is it the fuse in the spur of the quick blow fuse on the board?

Take the transformer off and check the back for damage.
Does the blue light come on?
How long does it take for the fuse to blow?
Is it the fuse in the spur of the quick blow fuse on the board?
I haven't taken the transformer off. No blue light. Instant quick blow on board. Fused spur ok.

Unplug everything from the board and try again, just to rule it out components.
If it still blows then either board of transformer, but normally the transformer. Take it off and have a look at the back, you will see damage and they generally smell like electrical burning too if they have failed.

Unplug everything from the board and try again, just to rule it out components.
If it still blows then either board of transformer, but normally the transformer. Take it off and have a look at the back, you will see damage and they generally smell like electrical burning too if they have failed.
Ok will try tomorrow. Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester greenstar 24i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone tell me if the greenstar 24i circulating pump modulates? i have been looking at param 2.1c which references settings 0 to 4, i know the factory default setting is 4 (constant high pressure) which to me implies that it would not modulate on this setting, does it need to be setting 0 to...
Replies
Views
Our boiler makes these very loud rumbling noises every 2-3 minutes. We're quite used to them now but they have become a lot more regular over the past year or so (it only used to happen once every half an hour or so) and they can be quite annoying. Our boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 24I Junior...
Replies
Views
I have a 10-yr old Vitodens 100 WB1B. This fall a leak developed: the air separator located in the boiler above was leaking, and water dripped down and infiltrated the pump electrical housing in the Combi unit. This shorted out the Combi pump which then blew a fuse. I corrected the leak and...
Replies
Views
I am a not an expert and worried about a boiler installation for my mum. She is 91 and lives on her own (vulnerable adult with dementia). I had a new boiler installed (Worcester Greenstar 4000 30kW Combi) end of August as she needs a reliable boiler. I visit my mum every 2/3 weeks (I live in...
Replies
Views
Hey Folks. I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Mk4 system boiler that is locked out. The boiler was working correctly, then the gas supply was turned off (to service another appliance) but the boiler was not turned off. I assume that the boiler tried to cycle on and off as requested by the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock