Discuss Worcester 28i rsf playing up in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi chaps,

worcester 28i rsf combi, pump running,fan running but no ignition sequence, iv blew down aps and stil doesnt start up. Im thinking over heat stat is the issue. Does anyone have any guidance on this boiler? Any help appreicated, dont usually get involved in fault finding, installs man usually, cheers

sean

Have you multimetered the aps as normally the fan wouldn’t run if the overheat has tripped

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for replying mate,

no hasnt been checked with multi, and you’ve just backed up what i thought, the stat wouldnt let the fan run, il check the aps,am i checking for resistance or just that the switch is operating?

just the switch working should be getting voltage through it

Could it (aps) be checked for continuity @ShaunCorbs? Between common and N/O and common and N/C?

exactly when fan runs you should get continuity through you can prove it by linking out both terminals eg removing the wires and touching them together when the fans running warning 240v is there boiler should fire

Reply to Worcester 28i rsf playing up in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
having a few issues with my boiler. worcester bosch greenstar 28i. has been serviced every year. last serviced in jan. i moved into this property...
Replies
Views
GeorgeHunt
G
Basically the boiler stops working intermittenty for heatingand water... It had a leak from auto air vent which was dripping into the APS which...
Replies
Views
We have two issues. I suspect that they are not actually problems – the heating work fine. Worcester Greenstar CDi. Installed in unheated...
Replies
Views
Hi all - Got an old Worcester bosch 28i rsf combi that struggles to light - especially from cold. When heat is demanded, the pilot light fires up...
Replies
Views
Back