• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar Boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Chris Fayle

We have two issues. I suspect that they are not actually problems – the heating work fine.

Worcester Greenstar CDi. Installed in unheated garage. Protected by Honeywell pipestat and froststat.

1. The garage was cold (approx. 7° C). The room thermostat had demanded heating and the house had reached the set point (15°C) and the thermostat opened. The thermostat was turned up to 19°C. The boiler and pump switched on. The temperature on the display fell as the cooler water in the radiators was pumped back into the boiler. At 28°C the boiler switched off for 30 seconds (green ignition light went off, pump and boiler fan still running) and then flared on again and heated the water up to 64°C At all times, the roomstat was closed, demanding heating.

2. The garage was cold (approx. 7° C). There was no demand from the room thermostat or Hot water. The boiler temperature was approx. 60°C. The boiler ignited (green light on) for 30 seconds and the fan in the boiler ran for two minutes. It then switched off.

The heating does what is meant to – keep the house warm, but do was have an underlying problem? There was no faults shown on the boiler display and I cannot envisage any scenario that explains these actions. Please can anyone throw any light on it?

Gasmk1

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
the boiler has an internal frost stat what temp is frost stat set to

Chris Fayle

I wasn't sure about an internal froststat. The wall froststat is set to +5C and the pipe stat is 10C.

EvilDrPorkChop

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is it a combi? and do you have Eco Turned On/Off?

spanner

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Frost stat set to #5 Boiler must of initiated the temperature being close enough 7 degs a bit close to BRRR +or- at the actual temp
When its cold and temperature reached boiler will function to prevent any freezing occurring.
Yes when Green lights out - no flames present at chamber - pump keeps running dissipating to check all moving parts connected to the system are working correctly also reserving a temperature status somewhere within the system
also if room stat was "CLOSED" - this is a demand for HEATING ON ..! OFF as opposed to being OPEN!
CLOSED - ON
OPEN - OFF

Knappers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
As a general rule, if house Is at right temp and hot water is available on demand then what's the problem?
I'd check that eco is on.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar Boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net