Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester rsf hot water cutting off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aquafix 73

Hi.i was asked to take a look at my customer worcester 28i. When calling for hot water the boiler fires up fine and the water gets hot. After approx 30secs of running hot water the boiler shuts down. With the hot tap still running( water gone cold) the boiler then fires up after about 5sec and continues to do this over and over again for the same time intervals. In central heating mode there are no problems. I Serviced the boiler to the manuals instructions and all ok. I took an uneducated guess and changed the hot water thermistor but this didn't solve it. Then i noticed the boiler stays lit when calling for hot water if the inner casing is off but soon as i tighten the last screw of the casing creating a seal the boiler shuts down. I suspect the fan but wouldn't want to be wrong again due to the cost. Any advice off some experienced gas engineers would be much appriciated

Reply to Worcester rsf hot water cutting off in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock