Discuss Wireless stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homer

Hello all,i have fitted a siemans wireless stat to my vokera compact 35he combi boiler using the instructions supplied with the stat.Very straight forward and seems to function as it should.The problem is that the original stat in the boiler over rides the new stat.There does not appear to be a removable link to isolate it.What have i missed?.Grateful for any advise.

Aint it just the two live wires and earth..fitted close to the boiler then your remote goes in a place... if you opperate the remote does it pick up signal from where you have put rogrammable room stat???

Hello spanner,yep,the live and neutral from boiler and the common and demand live from the reciever and yes when demand from the remote is on,then the relay light is lit.The problem is that the original boiler stat over rides the wireless stat,make any sence?.

Best to contact the boiler manufacturer to see if it can be fitted.

It can be fitted no problem but the switching needs to be VOLT FREE

The only stats on boilers are to control the water temp. What you will have though is a built in timer.

Here is how most should be wired

Wires from inbuilt clock are to larger block to right. Remove 4 wires (brown L, blue N and 2 blacks and cut back.
Take 4 core from receiver to boiler.
Wire receiver to boiler as follows
L - brown on boiler block
N - blue
The next 2 wires are called different things on different receivers (could be A,B, 1,2 etc)
Com - 1st black on left pos 1
Demand- 2nd black.

What you have to make sure of is that the stat has volt free switching. What this means is no mains voltage (230v) is applied to any of the switch wires C,D 1,2 A,B etc.

If you apply 230v to the stat connections on this boiler it will cost you in the region of £250.

I don't know abou this boiler but Tamz seems to. However you may have wired into a switched 230v stat connection and the timeclock is what is cancelling out your stat. If that is the case I usually just leave the timeclock on and use the programmable stat instead.

I am assuming there is a room stat connection on the boiler that you have used and don't know if there is on that machine as I don't ever fit Vokera's.

There is no room stat connection as such on this boiler. You have to alter the wiring slightly from the inbuilt clock.
Best way to fit a programmable stat is as above which cuts off the built in timer.
If it is wired leaving the timer connected it must be put to constant.

Fitted 1000's of Vokeras. Mainly the old SP's and Lineas. Don't do so many HE's now, mainly only if asked for them. The compacts (band B) are cheap decent reliable boilers based on long proven stuff. Decent manu back up too. Ignition boards and venturi's are about the only problems.

Probably around 3 in 5 (maybe more) boilers fitted in the west of Scotland in the 80's 90's were Vokera's. They had a brilliant reputation at the time and were easy to fix.
Btw. For anyone who wants to learn a bit about how boilers work, read through some Vokera manuals. They are one of the few who explain the full sequence of operations.

yes vokera boilers are very good especially for the price you can get them for.
This is the boiler most plumbers fit in Scotland especially if the customer wants to get the job done without huge expense.
And the wirelss stats are very easy to fit

Thanks to all for your replies.Tamz,i have double checked my wiring and its exactly as you have shown,however the rf unit i have is a stat only[no clock]so when i remove the two blacks this cuts out the internal clock.The reciever connections are L1,LX and L2.I have LX as com' and L1 as return.The internal stat still over rides the room stat.Maybe try vokera.Thanks again for your replies.:confused:

+Tamz,just looked at the vokera wiring diagram and realized i have the damn thing upside down when i read it,my daughter pointed out that it was upside down!!!any way i have reversed the two black wires and lo and behold all is well,everything works correctly,easy peasy as they say.Thanks again for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock