Discuss Why are toilet seats so expensive ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Toilet seats these days are rubbish ! It seems more regular now that people ring to get their toilet seat replaced ! But why are they sooo expensive ? Surly theres not that much in them ! For instance on the last resturant i fitted they specified the toilet and the seat and the seat was £135 each plus the vat ! There was 7 of them !

Just seems madness to me !

For a £135 I would want one with built in heating - should have gone to Spec-Savers on route to B&Q!

It made no difference to me they speced it ! Cant think of the bog but couldnt find the seat anywhere ! Well known noodle bar ! They just throw cash at it !

As we are often fond of saying 'you only get what you pay for'.

The same goes for toilet seats.

I like the Bath Store soft close ones. They can be fitted to a back to the wall pan after it's fitted and the seat part has a button that allows it to be removed without having to take the hinges off as well. Makes replacement really easy.

I like the Bath Store soft close ones. They can be fitted to a back to the wall pan after it's fitted and the seat part has a button that allows it to be removed without having to take the hinges off as well. Makes replacement really easy.

the button silver ? seen the type costco had them in for a bit ! nice seats

its a captive market if the seat is specific to the pan horrendously expensive for what they are but you cant get one anywhere else

and I bet the royal rse is slowly lowered on a diamond jewelled hoist.

I expect she's got one of these...

Attachments

• Royal bog seat.jpg
    Royal bog seat.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why are toilet seats so expensive ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back