Currently reading:
Whats the best plumbing van alarm system?

Discuss Whats the best plumbing van alarm system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i have just bought a new van and am wanting to put an alarm on it. My van is a vauxhall vivaro and already has one on but this weekend my boss had his van broken into and lost all his tools. He had those huge locks you can buy for vans and they could not crack these. Instead they just popped the lock in the front and climbed over the front seat.

Also, does anyone have a vauxhall vivaro, as my one seems to just crunch going into 1st gear when moving. The seller said that you are not supposed to put the car into 1st while moving/ I think this is wrong. The car has come with a 2year warranty so i can just take it back.

I appreciate your help guys.

Regards

Leroy

I worke in a guys house a few years back and he told us of when his car got done.

He had just come out the shower and heard something outside, looked out the window and there was an rse lying in his car door nicking the radio. The guy ran downstairs, bollock naked and dragged the scum out the car and gave him a hammering. Took him inside the house and phoned the police. Police arrive and charge the guy with assault.
Couple of months later after both had been to court, the guy got a £300 fine and the scum got to cut some grass on a few saturday mornings :mad2:.
Some justice that. The radio was only worth about £100. He would have been cheaper just shutting the blinds but it was probably worth it for the satisfaction:smile5:

I heard another story a few years back too ... but totally unrelated to plumbing.

Old woman phones police:

"There's a man in my garden shed."
"We can't come out for a while as there are no spare cars."

A few minutes later she phones again:

"It's okay, there's no rush as I've shot him."

Within quarter of an hour, three police cars arrive.

"Where's the man? You said you'd shot him."

"You said you didn't have any spare cars."

i once got told of a copper throw them threw the bedroom window throw some pillows after him and say he jumped, fine outstanding officer wish he was a judge.

Clifford make the finest alarms, failing that anything else thatcham cat 1, should be around £350 supply and fitted for a reasonable cat 1 alarm, Meta, autowatch etc

a pal of mine have his EXHAUST nicked off his van last night !!! 2.5K for a new one think im getting my van belled up to the max may even bring insurance down, its getting a joke now robbing the exhaust ffs wots gonna be nxt ?

a pal of mine have his EXHAUST nicked off his van last night !!! 2.5K for a new one think im getting my van belled up to the max may even bring insurance down, its getting a joke now robbing the exhaust ffs wots gonna be nxt ?

We have had four or five vans have the exhaust nicked. Apparently there is a small amount of very valuable metal - I think its platinum - in the catalytic converter. We park them all inside now. We got CCTV footage of a couple of them, but not clear enough to help. Thats partly why the scrappies now ask for id when you weigh in.

his exhaust what van was it

We have had four or five vans have the exhaust nicked. Apparently there is a small amount of very valuable metal - I think its platinum - in the catalytic converter. We park them all inside now. We got CCTV footage of a couple of them, but not clear enough to help. Thats partly why the scrappies now ask for id when you weigh in.

merc sprinter

Hence this Exhaust Anti-Theft Protection Security System To Fit Mercedes Sprinter / Vito | eBay

This is crazy ........, just back from holiday in austria all vans were parked outside the jobs with windows down and they have/use vans with see through back window !

Padlock and chain through handles of power tools then to something that dont move helps (the one in plastic boxes i cut the shape out box.) saying that they tried once and failed and guess what they came back with bolt cutters and got my new makita. So get a bulkhead and new vans should have deadlocks. I have also seen a transit back door where they used a crow bar on a deadlocked door what a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the best plumbing van alarm system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock