Discuss whats more economical power shower or electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan Cordt

Hi all just a quick question

Whats more economical an electric shower fed straight from the mains or a shower mixer from cold feed & hot feed from cylinder?

Obviously the electric shower will use electricity & the shower mixer will use gas to heat the water in the cylinder but what will work out cheaper in the long run??

Cheers all

Alan.

IMHO I would say the electric shower as indicated in your answer you said cylinder. Combi boiler would be more economical on a power or thermo shower. But I would say Electric.
8.5kw = 8500 watts per hour 9.5kw = you get my drift.
hope this helps you Alan.
Regards
Hiretools.

Hi all just a quick question

Whats more economical an electric shower fed straight from the mains or a shower mixer from cold feed & hot feed from cylinder?

Obviously the electric shower will use electricity & the shower mixer will use gas to heat the water in the cylinder but what will work out cheaper in the long run??

Cheers all

Alan.

Laughed when i saw this one,just fitted 180 litre unvented in my own gaff with 2 mixer showers brilliant performance on the showers 20l/min missus and daughter faff about and take ages in the shower,springs to mind that we are on a meter,wasnt bothered until water bill came in first quarter....... over 300 quid..... hits the roof fits restictors on hoses straight away,starts giving lecture on saving water as we live in a dry and arid country......welcome back to the UK ?

Simple question...

Let me list some of the variables...
Power of the electric shower
Power of the pump to the power shower
How the water is heated for the power shower
Length of time required in shower
Time of year - temp of incoming water
setting used on electric shower
current cost of electircity
current cost of fuel for heating source of power shower

the list goes on...

by 2 cents would be the power for extended shower, the elec for short ones

if you are on a water meter, that changes things all to the elec

Simple question...

Let me list some of the variables...
Power of the electric shower
Power of the pump to the power shower
How the water is heated for the power shower
Length of time required in shower
Time of year - temp of incoming water
setting used on electric shower
current cost of electircity
current cost of fuel for heating source of power shower

the list goes on...

by 2 cents would be the power for extended shower, the elec for short ones

if you are on a water meter, that changes things all to the elec

what i meant to say but you put it far better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whats more economical power shower or electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock