Discuss wc leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mani

Hi All,
When ever i flush, i get a little leak between the cistern and the pan, thats where the two join together.
Could it be my syphon that needs replacing, i think it leaks from the big nut under the cistern, if i was to put plumbers mate on would it do the job.

Thanks for your help all.
It is my first week on this forum and what a great forum it is and full of graet advice and at the same time giving us lots of knowledge and tricks of the trade.
Mani

try tightening the two nuts that close the cistern to the toilet first:cool:

Thanks for your quick reply wards, i have tightened the 2 nuts that hold the cistern together and even put silicone to try stop the water coming out, but no joy.

Silicone will only be a temp measure if it works at all. You need to isolate the water, remove all water from the cistern, disconnect cold feed and overflow(if it has one) and then remove it from the pan.

Then check the siphon nut is tight (may wanna put a new one in after going to the trouble of taking it all apart) put a new doughnut in and re-assemble.

New siphon and doughnut won't cost you anymore than £10 -£15 depending on where you go. Good Luck

Thank you all of you, for your quick replies, will let you all know how i get on tommorow.

Chances are it will be the doughnut. Make sure you buy the right type for your cistern. No need to replace the syphon - If the bottom of the syphon is leaking, undo the nut, clean and dry everything and reassemble with fresh silicone.

Hi all,

Have finished my cistern, replaced the washer and nut, and bingo no more leaks when i flush.
Thanks lads what a great bunch you are. Thanks to all of you.
mani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wc leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back