Discuss Wanted: domestic heating design guide book in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
After the above book, see picture

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358002756.295748.jpg

Can't see the pic on my phone. Is it not the one from ciphe? Silver cover i think.

I've got that book but it's dated March 2002, the cover is exactly the same except the logos are the older versions - for example, mine has a Corgi logo instead of Gas Safe. Wonder if much content has been changed?

Edit: Gas Safe logo? Duh, I meant the Corgi logo is the old one. I'm tired.

Last edited:
Must have been a troublesome stool this morning if you read upto and including the classifieds tam.....
Well it is a long story Kevan. Got up to a dog shyt in the kitchen so after throwing the dog out i woke the mrs because that is her dept and I don't do shyt for less than 40 quid/hr.
She starts the moaning & complaining and i'm thinking fk this i'm going to the small room for a bit peace just as the postie delivered the mail.
Picked up the PHAM news on ther way past and stayed there reading it cover to cover until my legs were numb and she shouted that my Saturday fry up was ready :smile:
She still loves me and the dog is getting shot if it keeps that up :smile:

:

I've got that book but it's dated March 2002, the cover is exactly the same except the logos are the older versions - for example, mine has a Corgi logo instead of Gas Safe. Wonder if much content has been changed?

Edit: Gas Safe logo? Duh, I meant the Corgi logo is the old one. I'm tired.
As far as I know the 2007 (2nd) is the current addition, although think some one said on here there was a newer one would be interested if any finds a 3rd edition.
Yes there where lots of changes between the 1st & 2nd, all the heatloss section was re done (21C all rooms except baths 22C) with all new worksheets & the ventilation was updated in line with Part F changes & some of the design layouts updated including U/F I think.

I've got this book. Came as part of the oil course I did last year.

Have had a quick flick through it. Seems pretty in depth. How come you are after it?

Mines got revised September 2011 on it Chris, but it was also revised in 2010, 2008 and 2007!

If you're after it for something in particular, I'll post it up to you, and when you're done with it, just post it back to me. I like to keep a good selection of books myself, you never know when you'll need to look something up!!

ahh thanks for the offer Danny, youre a gent, im not Desperate for it I just wanted to make sure I can give cusomers the best possible system for thier requirements, and make sure I am spot on with all my calculations and design specs, I am quite interested in the design side of things, just after broadening my echnical knowledge really rather than just lumping pipe in all day, although I do enjoy throwing pipe in :) Ill probably just order it off corgidirect when I get round to it. Thank you though mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wanted: domestic heating design guide book in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hello, i'm doing some heatloss calculations, going by a fairly old plumbing book. The formula for calculating heatloss would be Surface Area x...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A plumber recently told me my bypass pipework is poorly designed as it’s offering a low path of resistance v the motorised valve T junctions, and...
Replies
Views
Ive got a new replacement boiler to install and the Energy Saving Trust whole house boiler sizing is no longer being allowed to be used to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock