Discuss Vokera 20e intermittent reset fault after "upgrading" to Climote CH timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,
We have a Vokera 20e gas boiler which was working perfectly up to the point where we “upgraded” the 2 old timers (2 zone timer and 1 zone timer) to a new combined 3 zone timer from Climote. climote.ie

Since the install we have been getting intermittent ( i.e. a couple of times a day) red reset light on the vokera. When this happens the Vokera pump will remain running non-stop until we reset the boiler via the front panel switch.
It’s hard to find out exactly when this is intermittent fault is happening but I have noticed it occur when i send a stop signal to the boiler from the climote hub. Something unusual in the shutdown sequence when the climate unit sends shutdown signal to boiler and zone valves (i.e. at end of “timed on” period or “boost” period.
At this point the gas may be burning and pump running but the first thing that happens is the LED turns off is the Myson flow control valve beneath the boiler on zone 1. i.e. this closes with the pump still running and the gas still burning. Is this the correct shutdown sequence?
I am guessing no and maybe this may cause a backpressure or overheat situation in the boiler which may trip the reset light (am I right?)
If so how did this happen? Could above symptoms be caused by a simple wiring error when climote fitted?
Installer says its a faulty circuit board but it was serviced a month ago and we never saw a reset error until after the climote was installed. Any help to troubleshoot appreciated!

Wired wrong. Needs somebody experienced in heating controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera 20e intermittent reset fault after "upgrading" to Climote CH timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, The day before yesterday early morning (23rd of Jan) the temperature was very low, about -7C, so before that, I set timer to start CH for...
Replies
Views
Hi hoping someone can help with this as its beginning to drive me nuts. Boiler generally well serviced and working fine, no problems with DHW...
Replies
Views
Heating System Have 2 houses where identical Heating systems installed (self & neighbour) In Dec both Baxi boilers were replaced with Viessmann...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am looking for some help with this boiler. This problem has only just started in the last few weeks and only happens when it has...
Replies
Views
Back