Search the forum,

Discuss Timer did not work for once?! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

The day before yesterday early morning (23rd of Jan) the temperature was very low, about -7C, so before that, I set timer to start CH for 6-8am to prevent the cold weather freezing the boiler. BUT, by 6:40am I woke up and didn't hear the pump noise. I went to see the timer which was not in action!

I pressed the CH "once" and "on" button trying to start the boiler anyway but there's no reaction from the timer! I thought the boiler already frozen?!
I went upstairs to check the CH zone valve which was not moved, so thought the bad thing happened...

Then I wend downstairs again to touch the timer, I remember that time I pressed "Advance heating boost" button first, then pressed CH "once" and "on" button, the timer light turned on and boiler started!

We tried setting timer for evening CH which worked, i.e. boiler started when timer setting time on; then next day morning tried timer for CH again, and worked again.

So I am not sure on the day before yesterday morning, why on the setting time 6-8am the boiler did not start?
Was that because I have not used the CH setting timer for a long time (for a year)? This is first time this year set CH timer. (HW timer is on very day)
Or was it because that day morning was very cold (-7C)?

I am a bit concerned that when we most needed the timer that day, it did not work.

Does anyone know is this normal that sometimes timer not working? (after that, for two days the timer for CH has been working normal)

Attachments

• Programmer.jpeg
    Programmer.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
Yes common issue the timer is getting on and needs a change sticking relay etc

Reply to Timer did not work for once?! in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock