Search the forum,

Discuss Unable to run bath of hot water after boiler change in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Too late as tbh the ufh shouldn’t be running at 60 or even 50 you sure there isn’t a blending pump set on the ufh picture ?
Absolutely no blending valve on heating circuit .. though I may add one. The system has worked fine until the boiler change. This is the system schematic - no blending

NuHeat schematic.jpg

Last edited:
No but it’s at the bottom of the store so only 40/45 dc flow temp

Boiler temp increased to 80C
Pump now on speed III

I just looked now .. heat call to the boiler from store (it's below 60C) but Boiler has modulated down to low ... and the temperature on the primaries as they enter the Thermal store are:
43C Flow
32C Return

If you look there’s two manifolds one for high temp and one for temp controlled with room stats so looks like yours have been piped wrong from day one

Trying to get a dt 20 difference hence why it’s modulating there should be more of a difference than that something isn’t adding up

Picture of the store please

Trying to get a dt 20 difference hence why it’s modulating there should be more of a difference than that something isn’t adding up
Are you saying the boiler is configured to try and get/maintain a 20C dT.
Maybe its just range rated to its minimum of 8kw, if not then it should be firing at 100% to try and get the flow temperature to 80C?
If it is running at 8kw then the flowrate must be 10.42LPM based on a dT of 11C and assuming that the 43C Flow is the boiler flow temperature (store return temperature, R) and that the 33C return is the boiler return temperature (store flow temperature, F) and obviously that the store circ pump is orientated properly ie pumping from the bottom of the store, into the boiler return, out of the boiler flow and into the store top.

Also no harm to check that the boiler flow and return have been connected in properly.

Viessmann’s are picky they like a wide dt else they modulate

A catch 22 then, if the boiler is at a min output of say 8kw then the flowrate must be reduced to 5.7LPM & if the boiler needs to run at 30kw then the flowrate must be increased to 21.5LPM. would need a smart pump that modulates based on dT through the boiler. Surely not?.

If you look there’s two manifolds one for high temp and one for temp controlled with room stats so looks like yours have been piped wrong from day one
No it’s installed correctly … 28mm to 2 manifolds upstairs (flow & return) and 2 manifolds downstairs… no temperature control, but balanced flow. Each zone is temperature controlled by individual digital room stats.

There is no issue with heating, been working find since install.

Practically speaking, that sounds truly incredible, most gas boilers will only go into recycle or perhaps modulate down if the dT exceeds say 30C.
Surprising (or maybe not) that the Viessmann guys didn't reveal this.
I would ask them straight out the facts of the above.

No it’s installed correctly … 28mm to 2 manifolds upstairs (flow & return) and 2 manifolds downstairs… no temperature control, but balanced flow. Each zone is temperature controlled by individual digital room stats.

There is no issue with heating, been working find since install.

But no thermostatic overheat protection / temp blending

Correct it was not part of the Nu-Heat system, they did design & supplied the kit, it relied on the Thermal Store stat controlling temp.
I do intend adding a Thermostatic mixing valve, I have posted a Q on it today …. welcome any comments if you take a read.

What’s the floor construction/ covering ?

Ground floor 75mm reinforced on 1000mm insulation, screed over pipes, tiled finish mainly. Engineered wood floor on 2 rooms.
1st floor pipes clipped direct to underside of Wheyrock deck, then over covered with reflective foil & insulation. Floor covering tiled floors or laminate flooring.

Floor construction and finishes were all factored into Nu-Heat design.

Can we see the manifold ?

And the tiled floor is exactly the same as that ?

Reply to Unable to run bath of hot water after boiler change in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock