Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco TRO Mk3 Not Firing up Off Timer When Colder Weather in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone, I am looking for some help with this boiler. This problem has only just started in the last few weeks and only happens when it has been a long time (5/6 hours) between timer on settings and when it has been cold.
Common time is at 06.00 when timer is set to come on for the morning. ( frosty mornings )

1. Timer controller has green light on to activate heat/ hot water.
2. Red light boiler front ( The green power on light has not worked since the plumber came and changed oil pump)
3. Orange light on internal sequence controller

Pressing the internal reset , does not reset it.
After a few different combinations I have found that I have to:
1. Turn timer off so as not trying to fire boiler
( if power is just cycled , red light on boiler front and orange light on sequencer is on straight away, reset doesn't get past initial purge if it trys at all)
2. Turn boiler power off / wait 2 minutes
3. Boiler on ( no red light no orange light )
4 Hold in reset for 5 seconds( audible click heard)
5. Turn timer to on ( boiler fires up first time )

This first started happening when it noticeably got a lot colder a few weeks ago however it ran perfectly for a week when temp went up but now has started playing up again ( frosty evening/morning)

The engineer who first came out replaced the pump, however its not the same model number part and since then, the boiler has been making noticeable rumblings.

Called eng out again, boiler was running so he didn't find any problems in the whole 15mins he was here.
Live in a rented house, and owner lives far away with contract for boiler with eng.
Any info/help I get from you guys is to pass onto owner so he can address engineer. Engineer is a bit odd and doesn't listen to what you say..
Have young kids in house and just want heating and hot water without having to leave heating and hot water on 24hrs a day...

Thankyou for any help in advance

Reply to Trianco TRO Mk3 Not Firing up Off Timer When Colder Weather in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock