Search the forum,

Discuss VIPER V Niceic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

Which is the most prefered by you for usability etc.
the viper manual training books a4 print off size,
or the niceic books 1 & 2 a5 ring bound,
and what do you recommend in getting.
i note the nice book is a little vague in the diagrams than the viper.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Get yourself the Corgi Domestic Gas Set. Yes it will cost you more but for detail it is well worth it. About £95 from corgi.

BPEC are now doing an A5 version of core and appliances ( similar to viper) have seen a copy and it is very good, but the print is a bit small, the cost is about £38-40 and covers everything required for core + 4

Last edited by a moderator:
icon1.gif
Re: gas safe register probation site visit
A bit worried now!!! My gas part supplier informs me that I need a gas annalyser for the gas inspection !!!
I can't see why?
It is not a regulation (yet) and I use flame picture and gas rates to determine safety of appliances anyway.
Can anyone clarify this???????
Rob

Does the corgi set not have the answer or mention burner pressure checks? for that money they should goto go lifeboat going out!!!!!!!!!!

icon1.gif
Re: gas safe register probation site visit
A bit worried now!!! My gas part supplier informs me that I need a gas annalyser for the gas inspection !!!
I can't see why?
It is not a regulation (yet) and I use flame picture and gas rates to determine safety of appliances anyway.
Can anyone clarify this???????
Rob

Does the corgi set not have the answer or mention burner pressure checks? for that money they should goto go lifeboat going out!!!!!!!!!!

I believe it was compulsory from Feb 1st 2010, cpa1 is the course you need to take.....correct me if i'm wrong!

get yourself some proper advice, it is no wonder the industry is in the state it is in with people getting pushed into buying equipment and/or training which is not required.
it is NOT compulsary to have or use a FGA, IF the work you are doing does not require it, of which there are may examples, eg service/repair work on open flue appliances, fitting cookers and many many more, however IF you work on certain HE boilers and the MI states after install, repair (some) component replacement that a FGA result must be taken then you will need one, so think carefully about the work you take the inspector to before you arrange visits, (or make sure you know what you should be doing would be a good start)
the Feb 1st 2010 date seems to be causing confusion, from this date anyone taking their first assessment in either HTR1 or CEN1 MUST have CPA1 included, if you already have these tickets you must either take CPA1 before 01-04-2012 OR when the ticket expipres if before this date.

jesus,
i'm crap at shopping,
now the corgi manuals?.
choices,choices.
anyone else use these/./,?:confused:

I have the corgi manuals, Viper book and Bpec A5 folder.

The Viper goes into most detail but 500 plus pages of A4 is overkill IMo for using onsite.

The Corgi books have lots of extra info than the Bpec and are usual corgi book readability...

The BPEC is very well written and structured and covers all the main areas, but it depends how much information you want access to. :)

My summary!!//

Lots of Info (and some spurious stuff to make it harder to find) = Corgi book

Less info but most of its pertinent to a lot of jobs = Bpec

Huge amounts of info but too much for onsite apart from the fault finding one IMO - viper

hth

Last edited:
very good info, anyone elses oppinion?.
i have been given the choice for my gas training books so the best for study and simplicity, cartoons if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to VIPER V Niceic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock