Search the forum,

Discuss Very strong sulphuric (rotten egg) smell coming from underneath sink and under wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi there,

I'm in a one bedroom flat, and for the past month or two there has been a very strong smell similar to rotten eggs/sulphur. The smell usually occurs one or two times a day and it is very strong for about 5-10 minutes and then it fades away again. It doesn't coincide with anything, that I know of, such as washing dishes, showering or even rainy weather. The main source appears to be the sink, however I also smell it where the wall meets the floor at the back of the property (only in the living room, where there is a tiny gap between the wall lining and floor), although it's a fair bit weaker than the sink. It's a ground floor flat within a very small block and there is no building directly connected to the back. The landlord has been round a couple of times with his handyman and has confirmed that there are no blockages in either the sewage pipes at the back or in the sink pipes.

I am really struggling to determine the cause of this, so I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks very much

Re: Very strong sulphuric (rotten egg) smell coming from underneath sink and under wa

Please register and repost for an answer to your question. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very strong sulphuric (rotten egg) smell coming from underneath sink and under wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, First post here so please be patient. We recently had our ensuite remodelled and were initially really happy with the result. However, there is now sometimes a smell of raw sewage which I have tracked to the back-to-wall toilet (it could have been the shower or the sink). It's not...
Replies
Views
I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using their boilers to heat their flats, there is obviously lots of steam coming out of all the different Boiler Flue Vents. if I open my window or go outside...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony at one end of the property is connected to a combined water/sewage system with the...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock