Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant eco tec pro or plus what the difference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

So i'm looking to expand on the boilers that i install.

not knowing anything about vaillant.

whats the difference between the 2 types of boiler.

Longer warranty, built in filling loop and different DHW outputs, inside I believe they are the same

Plus is full brass inside, pro is plastic. Plus has siphonic trap, pro doesn't. Pro is crap, plus isn't.

Better off offering logic and vogue IMO.

Tbs we should start a campaign for logics and vogues. They are the cheeky girls compares to intergas - jedwood?

i do like logics but if somebody wants a vaillant and are set on it then i will install it.

Haha.

Can't remember what warranties are at the mo, haven't fitted one for so long. Might be 5 and 7 years for advance installers?

Won't matter though cos if you need a warranty claim they'll not turn up for a week, blame you for the fault and wriggle out of the repair.

Haha.

Can't remember what warranties are at the mo, haven't fitted one for so long. Might be 5 and 7 years for advance installers?

Won't matter though cos if you need a warranty claim they'll not turn up for a week, blame you for the fault and wriggle out of the repair.
Yeah Its 5&7 if you sign up to the advance installers. I thought they were the same internally?

Ecotec pro is 2 years without advance or 5 with advance
plus is 5 years as standard or 7 with advance.

having had my head in both the plus is the better one, more brass less plastic.

Plus has another sensor on the DHW as it leaves to boiler. All the ntc sensors are the exact same so if one goes you can rob the DHW pipe NTC leaving the jack disconnected and it wont effect it bar the hot watervarying slightly while in use.

2 on pro 5 on plus or 7 on plus if your a valliant gimp

I iz a gimp, or so they told me :lol:
We fitted a vogue last week, the guy whined a bit about the DHW output.... it was a bloody 40kw and everyone else had quoted for a 28kw...

Haha.

Bloody hell, so much for warranties then :(

Haha.

I'm not keen on ecotecs I had a fault on one rang tech up the guy was an arrogant **** talked down to me I won't be fitting vaillant.

I ve fitted Vaillant pro s and plus very good boilers IMO had very little problems ,as in previous posts 5 and 7 yr warranties ,if customer has problem usually f75 which is pressure flow switch ,I put the call in and the eng.is out next day .however the rep has informed me today that they a withdrawing support and a 5% price increase in March it has put the price up £100 on a pro which is making it far too pricey ,when you compare it with a baxi duo tec 28 the pro is £200 more !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant eco tec pro or plus what the difference in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock