Discuss Vaillant boiler not heating radiators. Please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

A quick update.

I flushed the rads manually with a hose pipe a couple of weeks ago and when I drained a rad last night to add Sentinel X300 the water was clear.

However when I removed the bleed valve to dose the chemical loads of carp started coming out of the rad. This is a tiny rad! Now the pump in the boiler only seems to work on 'max' when there is a demand for hot water and doesn't seem to work as hard as when there is a demand for heating.

Is this normal in a system that is only a couple of months old? The original plumber did say that there was an unusually large amount of debris in the radiators given they were brand new.

image.jpg

No that's not normal but can happen needs to be flushed, chemicals in leave it as long as possible read the instructions and if you can take each rad off and flush with hose while beating gentle with a rubber mallet

aldo do you have a mag filter by the boiler ??

I would be getting onto the radiator company as well as I bet they weren't cheap Y

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help as the house renovation has been so stressful and this is topping it off! Especially considering

Yes I have a magna clean but none of these particles are being trapped. The water samples are all clear - it's just when I took the bleed valve off that I noticed all of these debris particles coming out!

Do you think it's worth asking the radiator company to pay for the power flush?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help as the house renovation has been so stressful and this is topping it off! Especially considering

Yes I have a magna clean but none of these particles are being trapped. The water samples are all clear - it's just when I took the bleed valve off that I noticed all of these debris particles coming out!

Do you think it's worth asking the radiator company to pay for the power flush?

You could ask but bet you there's something in the small print saying must flush the rads out first :D

Just checked the instructions and it says I must flush the heating system out first not the radiators (the plumber did this when commissioning the boiler). I will write to them and see what they say.

What I'm concerned about is each of these radiators having some debris in them and when the boiler was fired up it circulated the debris and it's all collected somewhere which is causing the poor circulation. Don't know what il do if I have to rip floors and carpets up!

So weird that the water is clear when draining and in the magna clean but there is a load of carp near the bleed valve that seeped out when I added the chemicals!

Sometimes carp does collect at the threads. I think there's more to th than meets the eye. Do any of the radiators warm up properly

Yes some of them warm up more than others. If I turn off all valves apart from one rad then that one gets roasting.

Just read up on 'sludge Flakes' and I'm worried that my picture shows them. Apparently they're difficult to remove with a power flush. Getting really worries now as the system was piped in uponor so unlikely that there was any flux etc left in there and that all these flakes have come from the radiators and have collected somewhere and we won't be able to remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant boiler not heating radiators. Please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock