Search the forum,

Discuss unvented discharge pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Hello everyone,

Gone through unvented book bpec to find answers to "can i use solvent weld pipe when terminating into a soil stack" Anyone have an answer?

You cannot use solvent weld pipe on unvented discharge, it has to be high temp pipe (which nobody seems to stock)
Nothing else can tee into the pipe either, baths, basins etc. and you need to use a Hep v trap vertically as it exits the cylinder

Been told push fit fittings are ok. The main run of pipework is in 28mm copper about 9 metres then into a hepvo valve and 1 solvent elbow into solvent adapter to soil ground floor.

I'm not sure that all push fit is high temp. Abs solvent weld definitely isn't.
9 m of 28mm copper is fine.the Hep valve must be vertical.

Hepvo valve literature says can be fitted horizontal ribs on bottom? know any different?

They can only be fitted vertically if being used on unvented discharge pipe.
Horizontal is ok for standard waste pipes

I'm not sure, It's prob because of the possibility of extremely hot water discharge which could melt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unvented discharge pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock