Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Unvented cylinder in cellar with drain hatch in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've just bought a Victorian house that needs renovation. Currently there is a boiler and hot water tank in the cellar, and tanks in the loft.

I'd like to have an unvented cylinder installed in the cellar, but the plumber I got in said that it needs to have access to an open drain.

There is a however a hatch in the cellar, I assume to a drainage guilt, which has been cemented round the edges. Is there a way to drain the cylinder into there without letting smells escape?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210725-073802_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210725-073802_Photos.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I would least you know if you main is compatible with an unvented

Reply to Unvented cylinder in cellar with drain hatch in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant...
Replies
Views
Would need some advice if I could replace Newlec Economy to OP Ecosave Timer control for “Unvented Cylinder Megaflo Water heater” As the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there I am looking at changing my vented cylinder to an unvented 210L. I currently have a 30kw system boiler which I would like to continue...
Replies
Views
Hi, Trying to decide which cylinder to go for? I am renovating my house which will end up having four bathrooms and a wc. I am planning to go...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock