Search the forum,

Discuss High gain unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

R

rk1655

Hi there

I am looking at changing my vented cylinder to an unvented 210L. I currently have a 30kw system boiler which I would like to continue using with the new cylinder.

Looking at the various manufacturers of unvented cylinders, I see some of them have ‘high gain’ versions, such as Joule and Telford. These seem to have a much reduced recovery time.

My question is do these high gain cylinders need a higher powered boiler than mine, to provide the fast recovery times, or is my boiler sufficient?

Thanks in advance

rk1655

Look at the high gain coil capacity if it’s over 30kw no point

@ShaunCorbs Would a high gain (=fast recovery?) cylinder not reduce cylinder reheat times anyway as it would absorb more heat from the boiler once the cylinder is partially up to temperature? After all, most cylinder heating takes place with a part-warm cylinder.

Under what temperature conditions is the coil rating calculated?

@ShaunCorbs Would a high gain (=fast recovery?) cylinder not reduce cylinder reheat times anyway as it would absorb more heat from the boiler once the cylinder is partially up to temperature? After all, most cylinder heating takes place with a part-warm cylinder.

Under what temperature conditions is the coil rating calculated?

Yes as it would take a higher kw than let’s say a normal cylinder

Eg if you put 20kw in and it takes 60. Mins to heat up you could put 40kw in and it would be around the 35 mins

Yes as it would take a higher kw than let’s say a normal cylinder

Eg if you put 20kw in and it takes 60. Mins to heat up you could put 40kw in and it would be around the 35 mins
Thanks for that Shaun. As you probably know I have personal experience of normal but modern vented cylinders not accepting the full output of even modest (sub-15kW) boilers once the cylinder is partially warm, so good to hear there is some basis for my bias.

Reply to High gain unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock