Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Undersink water heater connections - flexible hose SOV's in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all!

I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks.

I dropped into Toolstation this morning and picked up a couple with the isolation valves built in to the hose:

and noticed when fitting them that the ball valves have an arrow on them, presumably indicating intended direction of flow. What's that all about?

I can't reverse one as the fittings at either end are different (15mm compression x 1/2" flange fitting) and I can't recall any mention of the same hose having a different direction arrow on it. Does it really make any difference?

TIA,

Richard.

No your ok just recommend and tbh you won’t need an iso valve on the hot anyway

Reply to Undersink water heater connections - flexible hose SOV's in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is going to sound stupid - but it is giving me problems. I have fitted new flexible tap hoses that each connects with a tap hose adaptor to...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock