Search the forum,

Discuss u-gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

anyone got any recomendations on wich u-gauge to buy.

got a price of £12 for a 30mb rothernberger one from the good bloke at pts.

but just wonderd what you guys used.

answers on a postcard please:)

i use the better of the 2 roths not the one thats a spit of the yellow monument type,dont like these mine has a clear cover,avoid"roll up types" as well

cheers gas man, i want a decent one and dont mind spending the money on one, as lomg as im not going to be buying a new one every month.

If you want the best then buy the Regin one, but at around £50 and then around £25 for the top up fluid it's not cheap

just had a look on net at top up fluid prices, some places are selling it for £4??

google regin u-gauge and have a look.

the regin is the one to get what a lot of people dont realise is they dont lose the fluid even when you tip them over or turn on the gas too quick as they have a clever trap arangement built in why regins dont advertise this i dont know i only found out when i bought mine
ive had mine five years and is just getting to the point where i need to top up and fluid is only 7 quid round here

and how often do they need topping up??
hardly ever

Last edited:
get an electronic one. I did, it didnt last long when i topped it up with water lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to u-gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock